Lee Valley Lions return to action after weekend off
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions return to action this weekend after having a week off and coach George Alley admits he would rather not have any breaks.
Alley’s men will host NIHL South Two new boys Guildford Phoenix on Sunday (5.30pm face-off) and be hoping to pick up their first win of the season.
Both sides go into the match without a win and will be hoping to change their fortunes at the Lee Valley Ice Centre.
“I’d prefer us to be playing every week so we can build on good in game habits, and work out the bad ones.
“Weekend gaps make it difficult to develop consistency.”
You may also want to watch:
The coach is relieved to be back training on their home ice after spending the summer playing away while the rink went through a refurbishment.
“It was great to finally train at Lee Valley, there’s still a lot of adjusting to do with the rink as the new layout will affect the players on the ice.”
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze