Lee Valley Lions re-sign netminder Andrew
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions have announced the signing of netminder James Andrew who agrees to a third season with the club ahead of the 2018/19 National League South Two season.
27-year-old Andrew started his junior career in Peterborough, before then playing two seasons for the University of London Dragons in BUIHA competition while studying in London.
Andrew signed for the Lions ahead of the 2016-17 campaign and despite playing his first full season of senior ice hockey, made impressive steps forward during the season and was named the club’s most improved player.
He returned in 2017-18, splitting time in net with Brett Shepherd and Robyn Maby, making 21 appearances throughout the campaign as they finished bottom of the table.
He now stays on for his third campaign for the Lions and will partner another netminder who will be revealed at 7pm tonight.
You may also want to watch:
More signing new is expected throughout the rest of the month.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel