Lee Valley Lions sign Berry and Sullivan
- Credit: Julianne Bonner
Lee Valley Lions have announced the signings of Joe Berry and Jordan Sullivan ahead of the 2018/19 National League South Two season.
Forward Berry has played 10 seasons in total for the Lions over two separate spells with the club, first from 2005 to 2009, and then from 2010 to 2016.
The 30-year-old is one of only three players to spend 10 or more seasons at the Lions – the other two being club legend Eddie Joseph and current player-coach James Joseph.
After taking the 2016-17 season out of hockey, he returned to the sport last season with the Lions’ London rivals, the Haringey Huskies.
Now he has returned to East London, becoming the Lions’ fourth new signing of the summer.
You may also want to watch:
Berry has played 127 career league games in a Lions jersey, scoring 63 goals and assisting on a further 52 for a total of 115 points, while picking up 311 penalty minutes.
These numbers put him in the club’s all-time top 20 lists for each of the above categories.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Joining him on the roster is forward Jordan Sullivan who will make his senior bow this campaign.
Sullivan played junior hockey for the Lions from 2004 until 2014, starting off in the under-12s before making his way up through the age groups to the U18s.
He then moved up north in the summer of 2014 to attend the University of Sheffield.
Whilst there, Jordan played 45 games for the Sheffield Bears and Sheffield Bears ‘B’ sides in BUIHA (British Universities Ice Hockey Association) competition, scoring 14 goals and 19 assists for a total of 33 points.
Sullivan was a team-mate of former Lions forward Max Gerstein during his time there.
He also represented the University of Sheffield in their prestigious Varsity game against Sheffield Hallam University in 2015.