Lee Valley Lions sign defenceman Matthew Hamilton
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions have announced the signing of defenceman Matthew Hamilton for the remainder of the 2017/18 season.
Hamilton joins after a year away from hockey, having last played for Coventry and Warwick Panthers in the University League, where he picked up 23 points in 13 games in his final season with the Panthers.
He also spent his junior career in Romford, featuring for the Romford Fury development team in six games and played his final year at Slough.
Coach George Alley said: “Matthew got in touch about a month ago and has been skating with us since then.
“He’s confident on the puck and being a Romford junior, he’s already shown that he’s got the physical game to cope with the step up we’ve had to make in this league.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really happy to have added another defender to the squad, because we’ve needed the depth.”
Matthew makes his debut this weekend when the Lions travel to Cardiff on Saturday, and then we welcome old rivals, the newly renamed Peterborough Phantoms NIHL2 on Sunday.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park