Lee Valley Lions bring back forward Berry
- Credit: Julianne Bonner
Lee Valley Lions have announced the re-signing of forward Joseph Berry ahead of the 2019/20 National League South Two season.
The 31-year-old returns for his second consecutive season at the east London outfit after an impressive campaign.
The former Haringey forward had an all-time high season for both assists and points - despite the Lions finishing bottom of the league table.
Berry made 25 appearances for the club, finding the net nine times and adding 16 assists for a total of 25 points.
The assistant captain has played 11 seasons in total for the Lions over three separate spells with the club, first from 2005 to 2009, and then from 2010 to 2016 as well as last season.
You may also want to watch:
He took the 2016-17 season out of hockey, he returned to the sport with the Lions' London rivals, the Haringey Huskies before ending up back at the Lions.
Lions have already announced forwards Ben Margerison, Harry O'Brien, and Tyrone Wells, defencemen Richie Pickering and James O'Brien as well as netminder James Andrew.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt