Lee Valley Lions start out against rivals Haringey
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions will begin their 2017-18 National League season with a trip to face capital rivals Haringey Huskies at Alexandra Palace on Saturday, September 16.
Fixtures released yesterday (Sunday) have revealed their first home match will be against Bracknell Hornets a day later, before hosting Guildford and travelling to Solent in early October.
Capping off the second month of the season with a long road trip to Cardiff (October 21) and playing host to last year’s champions Peterborough (October 22).
After a summer of upheaval in British ice hockey, Coach George Alley will have to prepare his side to do battle with NIHL South One clubs Chelmsford Chieftains, Bracknell Hornets, Oxford City Stars and Solent Devils this campaign.
The green and blue outfit will face a tricky Christmas period as they face three of the new clubs who have dropped down away from home in their final two games of 2017 and their first game of 2018.
You may also want to watch:
The club have a quiet start to the New Year as they travel to Bracknell (January 6) and Guildford (January 14) and play host to Slough (January 21).
Alley’s men will then have four fixtures in February and another four in March, before finishing the season with two home fixtures in April, which they will be hoping lands them a spot in the play-offs.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
The first round of the play-offs will be held on the weekend of April 14 and 15, with semi-finals a week later and the finals the following week.
The Lions travel to face NIHL South One club Streatham in a pre-season fixture on Sunday, September 3.
Lions 2017-18 fixtures, September – 16 Haringey: 17 BRACKNELL; October -1: GUILDFORD; 7 Solent; 21 Cardiff Fire; 22 PETERBOROUGH; November- 4 SOLENT; 11 Slough; 12 HARINGEY; 25 Invicta; 26 BRISTOL; December – 2: CARDIFF; 10 Chelmsford; 17 Oxford; January 6 – Bracknell; 14 Guildford; 21 SLOUGH; February 3- Bristol; 17 OXFORD; 18 Basingstoke; March 3- CHELMSFORD; 4 Peterborough; 18 Swindon; 25 BASINGSTOKE; April – 7 SWINDON; 8 INVICTA.