Lee Valley Lions suffer defeat to Chelmsford Chieftains
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions suffered a heavy 14-1 defeat to Chelmsford Chieftains on the opening day of the new season.
Hat-tricks from Courtney Grant and Bradley Moore, braces from Ross Brears, James Ayling and Charlie Phillips and solo efforts from Terry Fillery and James Dimond at the Riverside.
The Lions did manage to find the net once in the first period thanks to new club captain Simon Jones.
Fillery opened the scoring for the Chieftains in the opening two minutes after a pass from Brears.
Ayling then netted twice before Jones scored for the visitors to make it 3-1 at the end of the first period.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts then run riot and added another eleven goals in the first two periods of the match to seal the points.
Chelmsford Chieftains: Bradley Moore 3+3, Courtney Grant 3+2, Ross Brears 2+7, James Ayling 2+2, Charlie Phillips 2+1, Terry Fillery 1+1, James Dimond 1+1, Will Polston 0+2, Jake Luton 0+2.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
Lee Valley Lions: Simon Jones 1+0, Joseph Berry 0+1.