Lee Valley Lions sign Czech forward Hnilica
- Credit: Archant
Lee Valley Lions have announced the signing of Czech forward Tom Hnilica as the club’s non-British trained player for the 2018/2019 National League South Two season.
25-year-old Hnilica, who is originally from Czech Republic, has played a number of seasons in the NIHL North in recent years.
The Prague native tallied 42 points in 52 games in NIHL North Division 1 between 2012 and 2015, playing for the Trafford Metros and the Manchester Minotaurs.
And the forward will now look to help a new-look Lions side for the upcoming season after it has already been revealed a handful of last season’s have moved onto pastures new.
Hnilica is the first of a number of new players who will be joining the Lions over the next few weeks – stay tuned for further announcements.
You may also want to watch:
The squad is expected to be announced ahead of the opening game away to Chelmsford Chieftains on Sunday, September 9.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff