Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient have announced their retained list following the conclusion of the 2021-22 League Two season.
Amongst the players released include many of the O's 2018-19 National League title winning team.
The club have opted to release the likes of Lee Angol, Josh Coulson, James Dayton, Louis Dennis, Myles Judd, Sam Ling, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Brendon Shabani, Jamie Turley, Joe Widdowson and of course interim manager Jobi McAnuff.
Loan trio Tristan Abrahams, Nick Freeman and Tunji Akinola are all set to return to their parent clubs.
Orient director of football Martin Ling has revealed that they have offered new deals to James Brophy, Danny Johnson, Craig Clay, Dan Happe, Conor Wilkinson, Lawrence Vigouroux and Jayden Sweeney.
You may also want to watch:
Academy players Rhys Byrne, Antony Papadopoulos and Matt Young have been offered professional contracts.
Not forgetting Ouss Cisse, Dan Kemp, Hector Kyprianou, Shad Ogie, Sam Sargeant, Ruel Sotirou and Adam Thompson all remain in contract for next season.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 6 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 7 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 8 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 9 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
Ling paid tribute to those members of the National League winning squad, by saying: "It's important we thank them for the work they put in, and recognise they will always be a big part of our history."