Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- Credit: Archant
Leyton Orient goalkeeper Sam Sargeant could be heading out on loan once again after falling down the pecking order at the club.
The 24-year-old, who has been in and around the O’s first-team since 2014, has found game time hard to come by over the years.
Young Rhys Byrne has been handed the opportunity to feature in the Papa John’s Trophy where he has picked up four clean sheets from four starts while also being named on the bench each week in the league.
Sargeant however spent a brief spell on loan at National League side Barnet where he featured 10 times and was named in the team of the week on a few occasions.
But his time may at the club may now be up in order for him to progress his career as he is currently the third choice.
“We’ve reversed it, the top two have been Lawrence Vigouroux and Rhys Byrne, they’ve worked all the games,” manager Kenny Jackett said.
“For Sam we’ve tried to get him loans where we can and work with the other two, that’s been the plan so far. He has had 10 games with Barnet so far and we’re looking for other avenues.
- 1 Bow flat fire caused by sunlight on glass bottle
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Bow man accused of carrying out fatal hammer attack appears at Old Bailey
- 4 Crossrail: Canary Wharf station ready as Elizabeth Line nears opening
- 5 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 6 Gallery: Hidden photos reveal London's East End in the 1960s
- 7 Japanese udon noodles chain to mark Canary Wharf opening with free bowls
- 8 Covid patients numbers declining in east London hospitals
- 9 Riverside park extension above new sewage structures given green light
- 10 East End's 'last' Victorian funeral parlour being restored - and opens as burger bar
“He has been number two here for quite a while and he’s 24-years-old now.”