Player ratings: Akinola and Clay put in a shift as O's seal win over Salford City
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Here are my player ratings from Leyton Orient’s 1-0 victory over big spenders Salford City thanks to a 31st minute strike from in-form striker Danny Johnson.
Lawrence Vigouroux (7)- The Chilean shot-stopper didn’t have a great deal to do, but pulled off a vital save to deny Salford’s Ian Henderson from scoring an equaliser.
Sam Ling (6) - A solid display from the right-back, good in possession, but still caught out of position on a few occasions which led to chances for Salford.
Tunji Akinola (8) - The young West Ham loanee has been brilliant in the last two matches. His pace has proved key at the back and his passing was well executed. Only downfall was when he rushed forward with the ball and lost control.
Dan Happe (7) - Happe solid way more solid alongside Akinola and is embracing being the more experienced centre-back.
You may also want to watch:
James Brophy (7) - Controversial but I think he is proving why he is used at left-back, very solid defensively, made great blocks and used his pace to get the ball out from the back and up the other end.
Ouss Cisse (7) - Much better from the defensive midfielder, put tackles in, and worked much harder.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Craig Clay (8) - Clay was instrumental for me. First 15 minutes Salford probably edged it until he came to life and dominated the midfield. Also a lovely touch to set up Danny Johnson’s goal.
Jobi McAnuff (7) - Captain fantastic. The 39-year-old played his third game in a week and was still out running most players on the pitch come the final whistle, outstanding energy and leadership.
Conor Wilkinson (7) - Used his tricky footwork and was a constant spark in the first-half. Faded away second-half but still a threat when going forward.
Danny Johnson (7.5) - Amazing finish out of nothing to guide Orient to three points, 17th of the season, and worked hard all game. He could have had another goal or two.
Lee Angol (5) - Angol looks frustrating and is perhaps trying too hard to try weave into the box and score when he gets the ball. Lost possession too often and is very hot-headed. Was better positionally than previous matches on the left.