Leyton Orient set to sign Ipswich Town forward Aaron Drinan
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town striker Aaron Drinan is set to sign for League Two side Leyton Orient in the coming days.
The 23-year-old Irishman will become the 20th senior player to exit Portman Road since the end of last season as manager Paul Cook looks to completely overhaul the squad.
Leyton Orient finished 11th in the fourth-tier last season and have ambitions of kicking on under new boss Kenny Jackett.
The London club have signed experienced players Darren Pratley, Omar Beckles and Paul Smyth so far this summer.
Drinan joined Ipswich from Waterford in January 2018 but ended up going out on loan to the likes of Sutton United, back at Waterford, Swedish side GAIS and Scottish second-tier outfit Ayr United, he finally made his Town debut on the opening day of last season due to a striker shortage.
You may also want to watch:
The front man did well in the early matches of the campaign, only to suffer a thigh injury which sidelined him for two months.
Jackett will be determined to bolster his squad which currently includes the likes of Sam Sargeant, Rhys Byrne, Adam Thompson, Shadrach Ogie, Jayden Sweeney, Omar Beckles, Connor Wood, Dan Happe, Ouss Cisse, Craig Clay, Hector Kyprianou, Darren Pratley, Dan Kemp, Ruel Sotiriou and Paul Smyth.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 5 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 David Gomoh's killers jailed 101 years total for Canning Town murder
- 9 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory