Leyton Orient set to sign Millwall youngster Alex Mitchell
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Leyton Orient are set to announce the loan signing of Millwall defender Alex Mitchell.
The 19-year-old centre-back made his senior debut for the Lions in their EFL Cup win over Cambridge United on Tuesday.
Millwall manager Gary Rowett wants Mitchell to play regular football to aid his development.
The teenager shone during a loan at Bromley at the end of last season, helping Andy Woodman’s side reach the National League play-offs.
It will provide the O's with extra cover at the back, especially with Adam Thompson still recovering from injury, and Dan Happe more recently picking an injury up.
Leyton Orient manager Kenny Jackett is keen to strengthen his squad ahead of the transfer window slamming shut.
“We want to be as strong as possible, generally we’re looking at our bench, although we have injuries to come back.
- 1 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 2 Sex offences against man and boy in park believed to be linked
- 3 Tower Hamlets' first Amazon Fresh 'no check out' store launches
- 4 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 7 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
"You will always have injuries, but I would like to strengthen the side if possible.”