Leyton Orient sign experienced midfielder Darren Pratley
- Credit: Leyton Orient Football Club
Leyton Orient have secured the services of experienced midfielder Darren Pratley.
Barking-born Pratley has arrived on a one-year deal following the expiry of his contract at Charlton Athletic.
With an option of a second year based on appearances, the 36-year-old is eager to get going: "I’m delighted. This is a massive club in the division. It’s a local club to me and I’m happy to be here.”
The first signing of new manager Kenny Jackett, Pratley explains his special relationship with the gaffer: "Kenny signed me 15-years ago at Swansea, when I was 21. It was a no brainer."
From the manager's standpoint, the acquisition feels a shrewd one: “He has got good leaderships skills, not least by being a good player. He is a good athlete.
You may also want to watch:
"I think he will help us to dominate the midfield. He has experience and leadership and it’s a very good signing for us.”
As a show of belief in his first signing, Jackett has appointed Pratley - who boasts over 500 professional appearances - as club captain.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 5 Trees now up for 'adoption' to help make East End greener
- 6 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 7 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 8 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 9 Plans mooted to change East End MP constituency boundaries
- 10 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM