Player ratings: Orient captain McAnuff leads them back to winning ways
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Here are my player ratings from Leyton Orient’s 2-0 victory over rivals Southend United thanks to goals from captain Jobi McAnuff and attacker Conor Wilkinson.
Lawrence Vigouroux (6) - The Chilean didn’t have a save to make but was very vocal to his back line.
Sam Ling (7) - Best game of the season. Great interceptions and won his headers.
Tunji Akinola (7) - The West Ham loanee put in a solid display and added some much needed pace to the back four.
Dan Happe (6) - Happe didn’t have much to do and had a quite evening which I'm sure he won’t mind.
You may also want to watch:
James Brophy (6) - Solid display, probably didn’t get forward enough, but most of the space seemed to be down the right for the O’s to attack.
Ouss Cisse (6) - The defensive midfielder looked to have a bit more energy than recent games and sprayed the ball out to the wings.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 9 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
Craig Clay (7) - The most under-rated O’s player this season and proved that once again. Brilliant job winning the ball in midfield and had the best tackle of the match.
Jobi McAnuff (8) - My man of the match, led by example, scored a stunning free-kick and set up Conor Wilkinson for an assist to round off his game.
Conor Wilkinson (7) - Strange game for the attacker, showed his class and tricky feet on a number of occasions, but it took him four attempts to finally get his goal. Overall a top performance.
Danny Johnson (6)- An extremely quiet game for the DJ. Not often we’ve said that this season but he still put in a good shift.
Lee Angol (5) - Not sure he suits the role out wide, whether it’s on the left or right, looked hungry to score but nothing worked out. Too hot headed late on and picked up another booking.