Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- Credit: Leyton Orient Football Club
Leyton Orient have rebuilt the squad under newly-appointed manager Kenny Jackett ahead of the 2021/22 season.
The O’s have moved to bring in Darren Pratley, Omar Beckles, Tom James, Connor Wood, Paul Smyth, Harry Smith, Aaron Drinan, and Theo Archibald to freshen up the squad.
Pratley joined from League One side Charlton Athletic, where he impressed and was a main stay in the team, and he has already been named captain and proved to be influential in pre-season.
Defender Beckles also joined from a higher level arriving from Crewe Alexandra where much like Pratley was a first-team regular.
The Grenada international has only featured once in pre-season where he found the back of the net in their 2-0 win over Gillingham due to being away on international duty at the CONCAF.
You may also want to watch:
Left-back Wood joined from League Two rivals Bradford City where he made over 100 outings for the Bantams, including 81 consecutive league games.
The 24-year-old has impressed for the O’s in pre-season as has right-back Tom James who joins from Hibernian although he spent the majority of last campaign with League One side Wigan Athletic.
- 1 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 2 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory
The attacking trio Paul Smyth, Harry Smith and Aaron Drinan all come in with unproved records but have all played at a higher level and the boss is backing them to begin an upward curve in their careers.
Theo Archibald has joined on loan from League One Lincoln City to provide Orient more options in attack especially out wide.
Manager Kenny Jackett has opted to bring in players mainly from League One sides having seen plenty of them during his time managing Portsmouth.
In terms of departures, Orient have seen Danny Johnson join Mansfield Town, Conor Wilkinson join Walsall, James Brophy head to Cambridge United, Lee Angol to Bradford City all in the Football League.
A number of others have dropped into the National League as Joe Widdowson and Jamie Turley have both joined Barnet, Josh Coulson to Southend United, Sam Ling to Dagenham & Redbridge, Louis Dennis to Bromley and James Dayton to Dulwich Hamlet.
The likes of Jordan Maguire-Drew, Myles Judd, and Brendon Shabani remain unsigned at present.
Defensive midfielder Ouss Cisse also departed the club this week and is linked with a number of clubs including Oldham Athletic and Cheltenham Town.