West Ham 2
TRACY DUXBURY and Toni-Anne Wayne were the star performers for West Ham Ladies as they defeated Colchester at Ship Lane.
Duxbury hit a brace and Wayne performed heorics in goal, with a penalty save.
After a goalless first half, the Hammers took the lead in the 62nd minute. Duxbury skip–ped past a couple of defenders before firing a shot past the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
With 15 minutes left, Colchester were awarded a penalty after Rosey Sullivan brought down Helen Bass just inside the penalty area. Colchester’s Emma Sherwood stepped up to take the kick, but Wayne repelled the effort.
The ball fell to Sherwood who struck another left-footed shot towards goal which Wayne managed to block as well.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 3 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Two minutes later, the Hammers sealed the victory with a second goal. Duxbury collected the ball 12 yards out, before rounding the advancing keeper and tapping into the net.
Up next for the Hammers is a double-header against QPR Ladies, first in League Cup action away on Sunday, August 29, then back at Ship Lane in the League on September 5, with a 2pm kick off.