Abayomi delighted to get bragging rights
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Tower Hamlets won ninth match of the campaign at the weekend
Tower Hamlets manager Ade Abayomi was pleased to see his team beat Newham on Saturday in the Essex Senior League.
The Mile End Stadium club have endured a frustrating 2016, but King Amieye’s late goal gave them all three points last weekend.
It was just the second time they had won in the division this year, after beating Southend Manor 3-1 on January 30.
While it wasn’t the best of matches for the neutral, Abayomi was thrilled to see his team finish with success.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Eventually the victory came, it was a good game for us and I think we deserved to win it.
“It was one of those matches where both teams were nervous and it took some time, but it opened up eventually.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
“We managed to take our chance late on and it was a comfortable victory in the end.”
Amieye proved to be the difference and continued his decent impressive form for Hamlets.
He also scored in the 1-1 draw with Burnham Ramblers at the Mile End Stadium last Monday (March 14).
With just five more league fixtures remaining, the Hamlets manager hopes his team can finish strongly.
Abayomi added: “King has come in and been popping up with the goals lately so hopefully he can continue to do that.
“We have five games left so I want the boys to continue working hard so that we can end the season on a high.
“Once it is over we can look back on the positives and negatives of the campaign and move forward.”