Academy register win
Two second half goals extended West Ham United's Under-18s unbeaten FA Premier Academy League run to three matches after a 2-0 victory at Portsmouth
Two second half goals extended West Ham United's Under-18s unbeaten FA Premier Academy League run to three matches after a 2-0 victory at Portsmouth.
Strikes from debutant Dylan Tombides and Ahmed Abdulla saw the Hammers score their first win since the opening day of the season at Stoneham Lane in Eastleigh.
Under-16 striker Tombides cannot stop scoring this term and continued his run before Abdulla sealed the points.
Academy Director Tony Carr was more than happy with the result.
You may also want to watch:
"It was a good win for us in what was a scrappy game on a pitch that was more suited for rugby than for football," he said.
"It's a real confidence booster for all of us and we'll look to win again when we entertain Arsenal on 31 October."
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
West Ham United U18: Street, Modelski (Driver 75), Craig, Sanchez, Brown, Barrett, Moncur, Okus, Werndly (Purdy 41), Abdulla, Tombides (Wearen 80)