Bad injury blow for Boa Morte
LUIS BOA MORTE was stretchered off, Rob Green made a terrible mistake and West Ham showed that they are severely lacking in firepower as their Asia Cup clash with Spurs ended in disappointment. The injury to Boa Morte was a serious one. The winger got his
LUIS BOA MORTE was stretchered off, Rob Green made a terrible mistake and West Ham showed that they are severely lacking in firepower as their Asia Cup clash with Spurs ended in disappointment.
The injury to Boa Morte was a serious one. The winger got his studs stuck in the ground, twisted his knee and tore his cruciate ligament, an injury that will keep him out until 2010 - a major blow to Gianfranco Zola's team-building plans.
Despite the horrific injury, there were certainly some plus points. Luis Jimenez looked lively and linked the midfield well with lone striker Carlton Cole. James Collins had a storming match at centre half, while some of the West Ham passing was crisp and incisive.
The match was decided 15 minutes from the end. Jack Collison had just had an effort held by Carlo Cudicini when the ball was hoisted to the other end where Jermain Defoe was clean through.
You may also want to watch:
His shot looked too tame and too close to Green, but the England goalkeeper spilled it and saw it trickle into the empty net.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19