Bancroft set for Gazette Cup showdown against Old King John's Head
Bancroft United have been handed a Gazette Cup final showdown against Old King John's Head after the Haggerston side edged past Tottenham Phoenix
By PHIL RAVITZ
Bancroft United have been handed a Gazette Cup final showdown against Old King John's Head after the Haggerston side edged past semi-final opponents Tottenham Phoenix.
Bancroft, who had reached the final following a 5-4 win over Club '93 a week earlier, had hoped that Division One side Phoenix would cause an upset in the other last-four clash.
But an all-Premier Division final was rarely in doubt once Old King John's surged into a two-goal lead following goals from David Laaird and Mark Lee.
You may also want to watch:
Tottenham did pull a goal back through Ryan Lehane to ensure a nervy finale, but Old King John's held on to set up a final meeting with Bethnal Green outfit Bancroft.
The Jack Walpole Cup final will also be an all-Premier Division affair after Clapton Rangers and Eureka both progressed through their semi-final ties.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Eureka recorded a crushing 6-1 win over Division One side Mile End courtesy of a double by Eric Palmer and further goals from Shane Baptiste, Dean Kingdon, Shane Joseph and Justin Cummins.
Clapton overcame Albion Manor in a 3-1 win as Sid Egan, James Smith and Nathan Scarborough hit the target. Darren Whelan got Albion's sole reply.
Real Romania have reached the Dickie Davies Cup final after a 2-1 win over Black Meteors, who took the lead through Joe Sam.
But Real came battling back and equalised with 15 minutes to go through Lucian Domnica's header before Florin Virlan hit the winner with a minute to go.
Real, who have also advanced to the final of the Albert Daniels Senior Cup, will meet the winners of this Sunday's second semi-final between Eureka and Lapton.