Beaumont Athletic lift cup again
- Credit: Archant
Rivera’s double secures Sonali Bank Summer League silverware
Beaumont Athletic beat Ace FC to lift the Sonali Bank Summer League Cup for the fourth time in seven years.
Sporting Bengal United’s Javier Rivera was the two-goal hero for Beaumont, who had lifted the silverware in 2009, 2010 and 2011, as they secured a 2-1 victory.
And Rivera’s second strike, a 25-yard right-footed special, was worthy of winning any final.
Beaumont manager Mamun Choudhury, the former Sporting Bengal boss, has now lifted the UKBFC Championship, Greater Sylhet Cup and BFA Summer League Cup all in the space of four months.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Well done to Hasan and Ace for a great performance. I took some risks by dropping some players but it all came good. Our winning goal was out of this world.”
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park