Behrami ready for first-team return
Valon Behrami has announced he is ready for a first-team return after making a comeback from a knee ligament injury
Valon Behrami has announced he is ready for a first-team return after making a comeback from a knee ligament injury this week.
The Hammers midfielder, who tore a ligament in his left knee during the club's Premier League win over Manchester City on March 1, played for an hour for West Ham's reserves against Birmingham City on Tuesday night.
Behrami, 24, admitted afterwards that he was relieved to emerge unscathed on his return to action following six months on the sidelines.
"I enjoyed it a lot. For me, I've had a very hard six months.
You may also want to watch:
"Every day, I had to work on my rehabilitation so it was a great feeling for me to play in this game," he told West Ham's official website.
"For me, it was a great day but I hope it never returns again and I never have this difficult situation again like the last six months."
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 10 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
Now the Switzerland ace is targeting a Premier League comeack after declaring himself fit and in contention for Saturday's trip to Wigan.
He said: "I don't know when I will return but I am ready now. I am ready when Mister needs me.
"I am not scared about my injury. Now it is up to the manager what he is thinking about me.
"I can only say I am ready and then it is a decision of the technical staff.