Behrami ready for first-team return
Valon Behrami has announced he is ready for a first-team return after making a comeback from a knee ligament injury
Valon Behrami has announced he is ready for a first-team return after making a comeback from a knee ligament injury this week.
The Hammers midfielder, who tore a ligament in his left knee during the club's Premier League win over Manchester City on March 1, played for an hour for West Ham's reserves against Birmingham City on Tuesday night.
Behrami, 24, admitted afterwards that he was relieved to emerge unscathed on his return to action following six months on the sidelines.
"I enjoyed it a lot. For me, I've had a very hard six months.
You may also want to watch:
"Every day, I had to work on my rehabilitation so it was a great feeling for me to play in this game," he told West Ham's official website.
"For me, it was a great day but I hope it never returns again and I never have this difficult situation again like the last six months."
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Now the Switzerland ace is targeting a Premier League comeack after declaring himself fit and in contention for Saturday's trip to Wigan.
He said: "I don't know when I will return but I am ready now. I am ready when Mister needs me.
"I am not scared about my injury. Now it is up to the manager what he is thinking about me.
"I can only say I am ready and then it is a decision of the technical staff.