ESL: Clapton 1 Sporting Bengal 2; Ilford 1 Southend Manor 1 (5-4 pens)
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal United got the better of east London rivals Clapton in their Gordon Brasted Memorial Trophy tie on Saturday.
And Ilford also progressed after beating Southend Manor in a penalty shoot-out at Cricklefield Stadium, after their tie ended all square.
Tons were forced to stage the match at Redbridge's Oakside Stadium, with all three goals coming in the first half.
Bengal had the better of play and goals from Bobby Redwood and Curtley McIntosh put them on top at the break.
The second half was a largely scrappy contest, but Bengal protected their lead and now turn their attentions to the FA Vase and a home tie against Wormley Rovers at Mile End Stadium next weekend, while Clapton host Catholic United on Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Ilford fell behind in the first minute of their match as Callum Fitzer found the net for Southend Manor.
But the Foxes got back on level terms with a quarter of an hour remaining thanks to Valter Simao and kept their cool from the spot to ensure their progress.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 5 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 6 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 9 Teenager arrested after 13-year-old stabbed in Isle of Dogs
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'
Ilford are due to host Enfield in the FA Vase next weekend, when local rivals Woodford Town return to action to entertain St Margaretsbury at Harlow Arena.