Sporting Bengal United cruise past Ilford to continue run
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Ilford 1 Sporting Bengal United 4
Sporting Bengal United made it nine games unbeaten as they cruised to a 4-1 win against Ilford.
A brace from Jason Ngandu and a solo effort from Bobby Redwood as well as an own goal from Leon Docaj was enough to seal the three points for the Mile End-based outfit at Cricklefield Stadium – despite having to start club captain Freddy Tandon in goal.
Bengal piled the pressure on in the early stages of the match and ended up breaking as the deadlock as the Foxes Docaj accidentally put it into his own net.
The Foxes then netted an equaliser before Lamaar Douglas was sent off and the hosts found themselves down to 10-men.
You may also want to watch:
Jason Ngandu then netted two before half-time to give his side a 3-1 lead heading into the break.
Bobby Redwood then cemented the win as he rounded the Ilford goalkeeper Hugo Rossetti to score Bengal’s fourth of the game.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted after the match: “Avoided the dreaded curse of getting manager of the month.
“Once again the lads that have stepped in show how good the squad is - real healthy competition.
“1-4 Score line does not flatter us, we’ve played sum great football in spells.
“Thank you to Ilford your hospitality.”
Bengal will now face St Margaretsbury in the Errington Challenge Cup at the Mile End Stadium on Wednesday evening.