Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United 6 Enfield 0
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal United roared to a comfortable 6-0 victory against Enfield at the Mile End Stadium.
A brace from Codey Cameron and goals from Steven Carvell, Jon Watson, Bobby Redwood and Yasir Rashid sealed the three points for Imrul Gazi’s men and gave them their first victory in the league this season.
The hosts got off to a flying start as Jon Watson crossed the ball in from the left to Codey Cameron, who flicked it on for Steven Carvell, who made no mistake and dispatched it to make it 1-0.
They held onto their 1-0 lead and took it into the half-time break.
Bengal came out the blocks in the second-half and two minutes in Bobby Redwood slotted home to make it 2-0 after David Vaughan bust into the box to square to him the ball.
You may also want to watch:
Watson then made it two from two in his personal tally as he fired home a spot kick to make it 3-0 after Kamari Duncan was brought down in the box in the 60th minute.
Ten minutes later Cameron found the back of the net after he was brought down, but got up and curled a shot past the wall and the keeper.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Cameron then grabbed his second of the match minute after Siddik beat his man and passed it across to him to make it 5-0.
In the 75th minute it was 6-0 as Yasir Rashid smashed the ball into the net at the far post from a Carvell corner.
Bengal manager Imrul Gazi tweeted after the match: “Can’t ask for more than that.
“A great effort all around from my Sporting Bengal lads.
“To win 6-0 against a good team, sends a real statement of intent.
“It’s still early but for sure we look to keep building and push on.”