Bengal draw but Newham and Hamlets beaten
- Credit: Archant
Latest results from the Essex Senior League
Sporting Bengal United picking up another solid away point in the Essex Senior League last night (Wednesday) after sharing four-goals with Wadham Lodge.
After drawing 1-1 at Takeley on Saturday, Anwar Uddin’s men travelled to Wadham Lodge Stadium looking to earn more rewards on the road.
Kick-off was delayed until 8pm but it failed to prevent the Mile End Stadium outfit starting stronly and taking the lead in the first half through Abdi Samad.
That was how it remained until the break, but Lodge quickly equalised after the interval to set up a thriller second period.
You may also want to watch:
Tunde Adewunmi put the visitors back in front, however, but the home side again come back and it finished 2-2.
Uddin said: “Pleased to pick up another point away with a 2-2 draw, the boys were quality and arguably deserved all three.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
Tower Hamlets couldn’t build on their weekend win over Eton Manor as they lost at Basildon United.
The hosts have been in great form and romped to a 4-0 win at Longmans Motors Ltd Stadium to leave Ade Abayomi’s men disappointed.
A Ricky Slaughter goal wasn’t enough for Newham as they conceded late on to fall to a 2-1 loss at home to Sawbridgeworth Town.
Town visited Chadfields in high spirits off the back of eight consecutive wins in all competitions.
But Shamrez Darr and Kevin Lucas’ men were hoping to bounce back after losing to Stansted on Saturday.
Slaughter’s first half effort ensured it was 1-1 at the break and in the second period, Vlad Sighiartau was denied a goal when his effort was cleared off the line.
The visitors began to pile the pressure on afterwards, though, and Newham couldn’t hold out as they conceded late on.