FA Cup: Brentwood Town 1 Sporting Bengal United 1
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal United have earnt themselves an FA Cup replay after holding Bostik North outfit Brentwood Town to a draw at the Brentwood Arena.
Imrul Gazi’s side got off to a strong start and found themselves with a 0-1 lead when Steven Carvell found the net in the 21st minute.
A minute later Town had Ryan Mallet sent off after picking up a red card, leaving them with 10 men.
Despite a dominant performance from Bengal, the hosts found an equaliser in the 65th minute when Harry Doyle fired a shot into the back of the net.
Manager Imrul Gazi tweeted: “To say I’m gutted, would be an understatement! My Sporting Bengal lads were brilliant today - just didn’t take the chances.
You may also want to watch:
“On another day we win comfortably.
“We go again on Wednesday night at Mile End.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
The two sides will meet again Wednesday evening at the Mile End Stadium where they will find out who progresses into the first qualifying round of the cup competition.