Bengal thrashed; Newham still looking for win
- Credit: Archant
Latest news from the Essex Senior League
Hullbridge Sports 7 Sporting Bengal Utd 1
Sporting Bengal United lost 7-1 away to Hullbridge Sports in their first of two league matches against the Essex club this week.
Bengal started the match with just 9 players and were 4-0 down by half-time although they were up to a full compliment of players by the break.
United did score the first goal after interval bu Hullbridge added three more before the full-time whistle.
You may also want to watch:
The sides meet again at the Mile End Stadium on Saturday.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
Newham 0 Bowers & Pitsea 7
Newham’s winless run in the Essex Senior League grew to eight as they were thumped 7-0 by promotion-chasing Bowers & Pitsea.
The home side conceded within the first minute and were four down by half-time.
Bowers kept up the scoring after the break to seal an emphatic win in the quest to win the championship.
Barking were usurped at the top of the league by Haringey Borough following the Coles Park club’s win over Eton Manor.
They won 2-0 at home and can increase their current two-point gap with three games in hand over the Blues.