Chattak cheer cup success
- Credit: Archant
Mile End outfit Chattak have won the Sonali Othith Greater Sylhet Cup for the first time.
After coming through the group phase in the morning, they beat Nabigonj in their semi-final contest to set up a final meeting with defending champions Osmani Nagar.
Neither side could find a winner and so it went to a penalty shoot-out, where man of the tournament Shuyel Miah saved from Rashid Ali.
That left Jewel Miah to convert the decisive spot-kick past Shumon Chowdhury to clinch the title to the delight of manager Goyas Miah.
“We had a game plan and the players executed it to perfection,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a unique experience to lead from the touchline after so many years on the field. It’s so much more stressful!”
Co-manager Shiraz Miah had won the Bangla Media Cup earlier in the year and added: “I’m getting a taste for success and it’s getting better each time! This is a momentous day and all our hard work has paid off.”
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green