Cobblah’s double seals East One promotion
- Credit: Archant
Slender win secures second place
A brace of goals from Jeffrey Cobblah was the difference as East One beat Abohani to secure promotion to the Premier Properties Premiership.
With the stakes high the game was nervy throughout, but cool Cobblah struck twice to seal a 2-1 win and secure second place in the Regents Lake Championship table for East One.
Joint managers Anam Hoque and Mohammed Habib were singled out for special praise for the way their team had performed during the season.
And Hoque, making his managerial debut this season, said: “The boys have been tremendous throughout and it has been a pleasure managing them.
You may also want to watch:
“I have learnt a lot and will continue to work with Habib to consolidate a Premiership place next season. Thank you to out chairman Jamal Hussain and Abzal Ali for all the support.”
Juman Ahmed added: “We showed hunger and determination right from the start of the season and this got us over the line as the last game of the season went to the wire.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
“Although we beat the leaders last week it wasn’t enough to clinch the title, but our aim was promotion from the go.
“Much credit goes to the management and our chairman who worked tirelessly on and off the pitch to get us amongst the big boys next season.”
Final table: SYA B 21 points; East One 20; Aberfeldy 18; Abohani 11; Shadwell 10; Bow 10; Soul FC 10; Vallance 9; Burdett 8; SYA A 7.