Conor Okus goal gives West Ham academy draw at Palace
Conor Okus struck for West Ham s academy on his first start of the season to help earn a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace
Conor Okus struck for West Ham's academy on his first start of the season to help earn a 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace.
The midfielder struck through the first half after a good move involving Cristian Montano, who was himself just back from injury troubles, while recent knee injury victim Filip Modelski got another game under his belt. The Hammers held the lead until the hour when the Eagles converted a free kick while centre half Paco Craig was off the field receiving treatment.
Having drawn 3-3 last weekend at home to Southampton last weekend, Tony Carr's team will be on the road next Saturday as well when they go to Portsmouth.
Danny Purdy could be back in contention after getting a late run-out against Palace after his goalscoring exploits with the Republic of Ireland under-17 side last week.
You may also want to watch:
West Ham United: Mehmet, Modelski, Brown, Craig (Lampe 65), Sanchez, Barrett (Abdulla), Okus, Werndly, Subuola (Purdy 75), Wearen, Montano.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 10 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19