Cool Arshad Coowar helps FC Leytonstone to put Lucian All Stars in shade
- Credit: Archant
Mixed fortunes for Lemons under-14 teams in the Hackney Marshes Youth League
Arshad Coowar’s double helped FC Leytonstone put four past Lucian All Stars in the East London Barking & Dagenham Sunday League last weekend.
Bradley Williams and Ibrahim Khan were also on target in the rout in an impressive showing from Munuf Abrham’s team, which left the Lemons manager delighted.
“From the defensive side of our game, it was great to get our first clean sheet,” said Abrham.
“The defenders did a great job along with the midfielders who played a big part in stopping Lucian All stars from scoring.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the win and clean sheet will give the boys more energy and confidence going into the next game.”
Although Leytonstone ran out 4-0 winners over Lucian All Stars, they failed to find the net in the first half.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
The closest the Lemons came was when Khan had an effort saved by the visiting goalkeeper.
Lucian All Stars did nearly take the lead themselves when Milton Martin was forced into a save just before half time.
It didn’t take Leytonstone long to open the scoring after the break, however, with Williams finishing off a fine team move.
Coowar made it 2-0 after linking up with Steven Ellery and rounding the keeper.
The third goal was produced in a similar fashion with Ellery again the provider and Coowar putting the ball through the keeper’s legs.
Khan put the final nail in the coffin after assist king Ellery picked him out on the edge of the area to give Lemons a routine victory.
Leytonstone’s under-14s won 12-0 against Hackney Wick in the Hackney Marshes Youth League.
Darnelle Abraham, Dawood Nouman and Rui Casqhuina hit hat-tricks, while William Kyua, Mo Sheekh and Adam Patel were on target.
But the under-14 B team lost 5-3 in their latest outing against Shoreditch Boys.
Goals from Eesa Acha, Jamal Burgess and Abbas Mohammed couldn’t prevent defeat in an eight-goal thriller defeat.