Cup cheer for Newark youngsters
- Credit: Archant
Under-10s take Tower Hamlets Community silverware
Newark under-10s kept their composure to win the Tower Hamlets Community Cup, despite losing the vast majority of players for the crucial end of season run in due to school holidays.
Chelsea trialist Rayyan Hussain starred as Newark beat their B team to meet Osmani in the final.
The last-four clash sent out a clear message regarding the strength in depth and the coaching standards at the club and the final was more one-sided with Rayyan scoring a textbook solo goal to open the scoring.
Rayyan went on to complete a hat-trick with Newark netting a fourth from Zaid.
You may also want to watch:
Team manager Tahmid Hussain has now won four trophies this season with his team, with Newark favourites to win the Tower Hamlets Youth League Summer Cup next week.
A spokesman said: “The club has been established for 32 years and thanks to the hard work of coaches, the management, committee members, volunteers, parents and the players themselves, are recognised as pioneers in youth football.”
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning