Darnelle Abraham hits six in FC Leytonstone’s Hackney rout
- Credit: Archant
Success for the Lemons’ under-14 and under-14 B team in the Hackney Marshes Youth Leagues
Darnelle Abraham scored just the six goals on Saturday for FC Leytonstone’s under-14s in the Hackney Marshes Saturday Youth League Red.
Nana Boateng helped himself to a hat-trick off the bench as Lemons enjoyed a 15-0 success over Hackney Reds.
Rui Pedo Casquinha, Adam Patel, Mo Shaikh, Oweruku Koffi, William Kyaw and captain Zindine Goua all on target.
Manager Munuf Abraham said: “This was a much improved performance from and an impressive display of football.
You may also want to watch:
“Credit goes to the whole team but also goalkeeper Ishaq Mohammed and the defence for backing up a stunning attack with a clean sheet.”
The Lemons under-14 B team pulled off an excellent 6-2 success over Impoe Development in the Youth League Blue.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
It was far from straightforward, though, as they trailed by two goals after 20 minutes.
Jahmal Burgess started the comeback and an excellent strike by Abbas Mohammed made it 2-2 before Burgess put Leytonstone ahead at the break.
Adam Kothia made it 4-2 and Mohammed then completed his brace to ensure the points while Burgess had the final say to finish with a fine hat-trick.
Leytonstone’s first team had to kick their heels after their match was called off at short noice.