Dingli downs Hamlets; Bengal pegged back
- Credit: George Phillipou/TGS Photo
Tower Hamlets 2 Redbridge 4
Jacob Dingli’s hat-trick helped Redbridge down Tower Hamlets in their Essex Senior League encounter at Mile End Stadium.
Dingli struck twice in the space of a minute to put the visitors on top at the break, but O’Neal Rowe replied three minutes into the second half for Ade Abayomi’s men to halve the deficit.
It was 3-1 on 64 minutes, though, as Dingli completed his treble and Joe Gent added a fourth for Motormen, before Ade Oreniake’s injury-time reply for Hamlets.
Redbridge moved up to 10th place as a result, while a fifth successive loss leaves Hamlets down in 18th and preparing to host Hullbridge on Monoday evening.
You may also want to watch:
London Bari 2 Sporting Bengal 2
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
London Bari came from behind to earn a share of the spoils with bottom club Sporting Bengal at the Old Spotted Dog ground.
Sergio Garcia put the visitors, who had suffered five successive defeats since beating Clapton five weeks earlier, in front and it was 2-0 when a corner from the left was flicked on at the near post and headed in by Mash Shah.
But hopes of a rare win for Imrul Gazi’s men were dashed as Bari hit back with a brace of their own to ensure honours finished even.
With only two points from a possible 15 in recent weeks, Bari return to action with another home match against Waltham Forest on Wednesday.