East London Barking & Dagenham Sunday League: David De Silva nets brace in FC Leytonstone victory
- Credit: Archant
The Lemons two under-14 teams romp to victories in their respective Hackney Marshes Youth Leagues to keep up good form
David De Silva hit a brace to help FC Leytonstone get back to winning ways in the East London Barking & Dagenham Sunday League.
The Lemons visited Lucien All Stars looking to get on track again after back-to-back defeats.
Leytonstone started strongly with teenage debutant Qasim Ali opening the scoring before captain Micah Stennett doubled their advantage.
All Stars did hit back before half time, however, after capitalising on a poor mistake by the Lemons.
You may also want to watch:
De Silva helped Leytonstone take control of the match with an impressive brace to hand them a 4-2 success.
Munaf Abrham, Lemons manager, said: “We played brilliantly and to our strength throughout and scored some wonderful goals.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
“I’m pleased with the performance of the whole team and the two new teenage debutants Qasim Ali and Anza Coowar.”
Darnelle Abraham struck a hat-trick for FC Leytonstone’s under-14 Riney team in their latest Hackney Marshes Saturday Youth Red League encounter with Zindine Goua also grabbing a treble.
Lemons defeated Broadwater 9-2 with Adam Patel, William Kyua and Dawood Nouman on target.
Leytonstone are now top of the table and remain unbeaten, which makes them the early favourites for the title.
Jamal Burgess scored four times for Lemons fellow under-14 NSL Connect side in the Blue League.
Mahi Syed struck a treble during their 10-2 success over Frampton Park with Amir Mohammed, Abbas Mohammed and Adam Patel finding the net.
Leytonstone’s win places them second in the table and breathing down the back of Shoreditch Youth.