East London Sunday: Queensbridge beat William Fitt in the Jubilee Cup
In the second round of the Jubilee Cup, Queensbridge Rangers were in dominant mood as they dispatched William Fitt Lions
In the second round of the Jubilee Cup, Queensbridge Rangers were in dominant mood as they dispatched William Fitt Lions.
Rangers fell behind in the first half and had Lions taken a couple of chances the game could have been out of sight at half time, but Queensbridge's pace and power allowed them to storm back to win 4-1.
The ever-efficient Rolls Park dispatched Holloway 4-1 to progress into the next round.
EFY were unable to halt newcomers Romania Galaxy as they made their way into round three with a 6-3 winning margin.
You may also want to watch:
Millwall Albion beat Railway Tavern 2-1 at Millwall Park, while Larkswood crashed out in a surprise defeat to Hatch Lane 4-2.
The tie of the day saw Hackney Downs A and East Moore match each other all the way through extra time to decide the game with spot kicks after drawing 2-2. Hackney Downs eventually won 4-2 on penalties, while Woodgrange Rovers beat Hackney Downs B 5-2.
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
- 7 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 8 Lockdown dancing in your own living room goes online from Canary Wharf
- 9 Tower of London's Queen raven feared dead
- 10 Covid: School mourns sad loss of Marner Primary headteacher Nick Hague
In the East London Sunday Premier Division, Homerton Rangers lost a close encounter against AC Lucia after comfortably going 2-0 up and then letting AC back in the game to steal the points.
Stoke Newington beat Hare & Hounds 5-1 to go clear at the top of Division One.
In Division Two, The 45's recorded a 7-0 victory over Chettle Court Rangers.
Ollerton Green earned their first victory of the season against a determined Clandestino's Football Art side. Ollerton were trailing 5-2 with 15 minutes to go and looking dead and buried.
Ollerton netted four times in the final minutes to earn their victory thanks to a hat-trick from Daniel Nutt and a double from Mark Hill, while the winner came from Peter Cook in the final minutes.