Essex Senior League back Kick It Out campaign with another ‘Football for All’ day and Tower Hamlets, Sporting Bengal United and Redbridge are involved
- Credit: Archant
The match between Sporting Bengal United and Redbridge will start at 12pm and take place at Oakside Stadium
The Essex Senior League will once again be showing its support for the Kick It Out campaign by hosting their very own Kick It Out Day on Saturday April 21.
As well as seeing a game of football, the day provides an opportunity for local children and their families to attend the games to be offered the VIP treatment, with opportunities to meet the players, act as mascots and train or play a game on the pitch. The children are also given goody bags full of Kick It Out and football related items.
Last season the spotlight fell on Basildon United v FC Romania, Clapton v Burnham Ramblers and Southend Manor v Barking.
The clubs hosting this season will be FC Romania, who entertain Tower Hamlets, West Essex, who host Wadham Lodge and Sporting Bengal United, who will take on Redbridge.
You may also want to watch:
The Kick It Out Campaign aims to make ‘Football for All’ and is actively involved in providing education and raising awareness of racism within the modern game.
An initiative, such as the one the ESL is promoting on April 21, aims to make local football clubs more inclusive within their local communities, particularly at a time when society is becoming more multi-racial and multi-cultural.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family