Essex Senior League: Break comes at the wrong time for Ade Abayomi and Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
Mile End Stadium club don’t play again now until February 25 and have endured poor start to 2017
Tower Hamlets are without an Essex Senior League fixture this weekend and therefore have a chance to reflect on their terrible recent form.
Ade Abayomi’s men have not enjoyed the best of starts to 2017 having lost six of their eight games so far.
The last week has proved to be difficult for Hamlets with seven goals conceded during two heavy league defeats.
Stansted beat the Mile End Stadium outfit 4-0 on Saturday, before Hullbridge Sports earned a 3-0 win in east London on Monday night.
You may also want to watch:
Hamlets created a number of chances in the first half against Sports, but failed to take them and were three goals down at the break.
Abayomi’s inexperienced side now have to wait until February 25 to try and put things right when they host Waltham Forest.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Hamlets poor form has resulted in them dropping to third from bottom in the table and by the time they play again, both Burnham Ramblers and Haringey & Waltham may have leapfrogged them.