Essex Senior League: Imrul Gazi’s Sporting Bengal United spoil Tolga Dervish’s first match in charge of Hackney Wick
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Hackney Wick 0 Sporting Bengal United 2
Sporting Bengal United earned their first win of the season away to Hackney Wick last night and in the process ruined the home debut for Wick’s new manager.
Tolga Dervish was taking charge of the Old Spotted Dog for the first time since being appointed on Sunday.
It was also Dervish’s 27th birthday, but Bengal ruined it for the new boss and Wick by producing a professional performance.
The Mile End Stadium club came into the contest without a win from their first four matches in all competitions.
You may also want to watch:
Bengal had produced a number of spirited display, however, and managed to do enough to claim all three points last night.
Oscar Mendes opened the scoring for Imrul Gazi’s team midway through the half at the Old Spotted Dog.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
And Shiblu Miah added a second for Bengal with 20 minutes remaining to earn them a 2-0 victory.
The success moves Gazi’s side up to 12th in the table and they have four points from their opening four fixtures.
Wick have an identical record, but their minus three goal difference places them 16th in the table.
Both clubs now have a little wait before playing again, as they are not in action until August 26.