Essex Senior League: Bengal and Clapton draw, Woodford lose and Redbridge abandoned
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal United and Clapton had to settle for a share of the spoils while Woodford Town suffered defeat to Hashtag United and Redbridge had their match called off.
Zakariya Muhammed opened the scoring for the Tons before Bengal captain Rokib Choudhury levelled the scoring at the Mile End Stadium to earn them both a point.
Woodford Town who recently changed managers in the build up to the match suffered a 3-0 defeat to league leaders Hashtag United at Chadfields.
Goals from Jamie Hursit, Ross Gleed and Harry Honesty sealed the three points to keep top by just one point over second-place Walthamstow.
Former Hornchurch defender Hursit broke the deadlock in the 25th minute of the match.
You may also want to watch:
Gleed doubled their lead in the 60th minute before Honesty rounded it off with just two minutes left in the encounter.
Redbridge had their match at Sawbridgeworth Town abandoned due to a floodlight failure.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week