Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets draw while Sporting Bengal suffer defeat
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets draw while Sporting Bengal United fall to defeat against strugglers Sawbridgeworth Town in the Essex Senior League.
John Jatto's Hamlets side fought their way back from 2-0 down to earn a point with a 2-2 draw against Enfield at the Pro Kit Stadium in Bishop's Stortford.
Enfield broke the deadlock in the 19th minute as captain Ben Bradbury delivered a free-kick into the box and Robert Hodgson was there to head home.
Enfield doubled their advantage seven minutes into the second-half from a well-worked free kick.
Kamal Llewellyn-Reid caught Tower Hamlets off guard by playing a superb pass into team-mate Bradbury who calmly slotted home.
Tower Hamlets were then awarded a penalty where substitute Suaibo Balde stepped up to the plate and despite Josh Blackburn getting a hand found the net to reduce the deficit.
Another substitute Bishop Latula fired home for the Hamlets to make the game all square with ten minutes to go.
- 1 Bethnal Green officers sacked over 'abhorrent and discriminatory' messages
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 4 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 7 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 8 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 9 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 10 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
Neighbours Sporting Bengal United fell to a 4-3 defeat to the Robins at the Mile End Stadium.