Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets draw while Sporting Bengal suffer defeat
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets draw while Sporting Bengal United fall to defeat against strugglers Sawbridgeworth Town in the Essex Senior League.
John Jatto's Hamlets side fought their way back from 2-0 down to earn a point with a 2-2 draw against Enfield at the Pro Kit Stadium in Bishop's Stortford.
Enfield broke the deadlock in the 19th minute as captain Ben Bradbury delivered a free-kick into the box and Robert Hodgson was there to head home.
Enfield doubled their advantage seven minutes into the second-half from a well-worked free kick.
Kamal Llewellyn-Reid caught Tower Hamlets off guard by playing a superb pass into team-mate Bradbury who calmly slotted home.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets were then awarded a penalty where substitute Suaibo Balde stepped up to the plate and despite Josh Blackburn getting a hand found the net to reduce the deficit.
Another substitute Bishop Latula fired home for the Hamlets to make the game all square with ten minutes to go.
- 1 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 2 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 7 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 10 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
Neighbours Sporting Bengal United fell to a 4-3 defeat to the Robins at the Mile End Stadium.