Essex Senior League: Tower Hamlets draw while Sporting Bengal suffer defeat
- Credit: Archant
Tower Hamlets draw while Sporting Bengal United fall to defeat against strugglers Sawbridgeworth Town in the Essex Senior League.
John Jatto's Hamlets side fought their way back from 2-0 down to earn a point with a 2-2 draw against Enfield at the Pro Kit Stadium in Bishop's Stortford.
Enfield broke the deadlock in the 19th minute as captain Ben Bradbury delivered a free-kick into the box and Robert Hodgson was there to head home.
Enfield doubled their advantage seven minutes into the second-half from a well-worked free kick.
Kamal Llewellyn-Reid caught Tower Hamlets off guard by playing a superb pass into team-mate Bradbury who calmly slotted home.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets were then awarded a penalty where substitute Suaibo Balde stepped up to the plate and despite Josh Blackburn getting a hand found the net to reduce the deficit.
Another substitute Bishop Latula fired home for the Hamlets to make the game all square with ten minutes to go.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
Neighbours Sporting Bengal United fell to a 4-3 defeat to the Robins at the Mile End Stadium.