Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal defeat Redbridge as Clapton fall to defeat
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge let a 2-0 lead slip as two injury time goals saw Sporting Bengal take all three points in a 3-2 victory at Oakside Stadium.
A hat-trick from Joel Ramos guided Imrul Gazi’s men to victory despite a strong start from the manager less Motormen.
James Barlow netted for the hosts in the 23rd minute to give them a lead heading into the half-time break.
Terry Amoafu doubled his side’s lead in the 59th minute of play but it started to then unfold for Redbridge.
Ramos found the net in the 78th minute, then twice in injury time, to nab a win for Bengal in the dying stages.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours Clapton were also in action but it was a night to forget for Julian Charles’ men as they suffered a heavy 8-1 defeat to Cockfosters.
A hat-trick from Ryan Wade and a brace from Edward Clarke as well as goals from Marcus Crowther, Reece Mosanya and Kaidyn Michael sealed a comfortable win for Cockfosters.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals