Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal defeat Redbridge as Clapton fall to defeat
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge let a 2-0 lead slip as two injury time goals saw Sporting Bengal take all three points in a 3-2 victory at Oakside Stadium.
A hat-trick from Joel Ramos guided Imrul Gazi’s men to victory despite a strong start from the manager less Motormen.
James Barlow netted for the hosts in the 23rd minute to give them a lead heading into the half-time break.
Terry Amoafu doubled his side’s lead in the 59th minute of play but it started to then unfold for Redbridge.
Ramos found the net in the 78th minute, then twice in injury time, to nab a win for Bengal in the dying stages.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours Clapton were also in action but it was a night to forget for Julian Charles’ men as they suffered a heavy 8-1 defeat to Cockfosters.
A hat-trick from Ryan Wade and a brace from Edward Clarke as well as goals from Marcus Crowther, Reece Mosanya and Kaidyn Michael sealed a comfortable win for Cockfosters.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 4 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 5 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 6 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 7 Councillor ex-husband of MP Apsana Begum suspended from Labour Party
- 8 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 9 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 10 Three held after shots reportedly fired at house in Bethnal Green