Essex Senior League: London Bari snatch late draw at Sporting Bengal United
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United 2 London Bari 2
There was late drama in the Essex Senior League tie between Sporting Bengal United and London Bari on Wednesday night, as both teams struck in stoppage time at the Mile End Stadium.
A crowd of 75 were in attendance to watch the derby, and Bengal took the lead in the 34th minute through Abdi Samad, whose shot from the edge of the area took a deflection on its way in.
United had numerous chances to extend their lead before Bari drew level for the first time after a defensive mix-up in the Sporting defence allowed the visitors the chance to equalise.
As the match ticked into time added on at the end of the second half, the hosts thought they had won it Shiblu Miah rifled home from 18 yards.
You may also want to watch:
But with time almost up, another lapse in concentration at the back by Bengal saw Bari equalise for the second time, with the spoils shared.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green