Essex Senior League: Bengal win as Clapton fall to defeat
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal United sealed a comfortable 4-0 victory over Ilford in the Essex Senior League while Clapton suffered a narrow 1-0 defeat away at Hoddesdon Town.
Goals from Steven Carvell, Curtley MacIntosh, Chaka Barnett and Codey Cameron sealed the three points for Bengal at the Mile End Stadium.
Creative midfielder Carvell opened the scoring with a cracking volley from 25 yards out in the 17th minute.
MacIntosh then doubled his side's lead two minutes before the half-time as he held the ball up and played a one-two with Carvell.
The midfielder putting him through on goal where he curled his shot into the right corner to take a 2-0 lead into the break.
You may also want to watch:
In the 70th minute they made it 3-0 as a throw in found the feet of Carvell who picked out Barnett who then tucked it home.
Eight minutes later Cameron sealed the win for his side as he made it 4-0.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
Neighbours Clapton didn't have such good fortunes as they lost by one goal away from home to leave near the bottom of the Essex Senior League table.