Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal 1 Woodford Town 4
- Credit: Archant
Sporting Bengal were brought back down to Earth by a heavy home defeat at Mile End Stadium.
Imrul Gazi’s men had been flying high towards the top of the table, but dropped to sixth after a first loss in five league outings.
Only 17 minutes had been played when Larry Asare put Woodford ahead and Asher Modeste added a second from the penalty spot.
It was 3-0 on 63 minutes as Woodford took firm control, before Eaia Embalo replied for Bengal.
But Andrea Mantovani completed a fine win for Woodford with their fourth goal in the final minute and Gazi’s men will hope for better when they visit Great Wakering Rovers on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
Gazi tweeted: “Was a really poor performance all round. Deserved win for Woodford Town FC. We try to make amends on Tuesday against the mighty G Wakering.”
Sporting Bengal: Adjei, Cameron, T Choudhury, I Chowdhury, Embalo, A Khan, M Khan, Noor, Siddik, Tandon, Udi Ba. Subs: Hussain, Salih, Vaughan.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
*Tower Hamlets were without a Saturday fixture this weekend, but are set to welcome Ilford – who were also without a game on Saturday – to Mile End Stadium on Monday night.