Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United pay the penalty at Woodford Town (2017)
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Woodford Town (2017) 2 Sporting Bengal United 0
Sporting Bengal United’s poor run continued last night as they fell to a 2-0 defeat away to Woodford Town (2017).
The Mile End Stadium club went into the Essex Senior League contest off the back of a four-game winless run.
After a good performance during their 2-1 home loss to Ilford last weekend, Bengal were looking to end their bad form at Goffs Lane.
Woodford took the lead from the penalty spot towards the end of the first half though, despite Imrul Gazi’s team creating a number of good moves beforehand and having a goal disallowed.
You may also want to watch:
The goal boosted the spirits of Town and they produced a better second half display and added a second late on.
It means Bengal have now lost four of their last five league games, but remain 14th in the table.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
Gazi will hope for a response on Saturday at home to Waltham Forest, who are 15th on 25 points – three behind Bengal.