Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United, Tower Hamlets both beaten
- Credit: Archant
Essex Senior League: Burnham Ramblers 2 Sporting Bengal United 0; Tower Hamlets 0 Wadham Lodge 1
Clapton slipped off top spot in the Essex Senior League following a goalless draw at home to Redbridge.
Tons had taken over top spot with a 4-1 win over Haringey & Waltham, knocking Barking off their perch.
Jon Fowell’s men had been in good form ahead of the clash, winning each of their last four in the league.
But they came up against a resolute Redbridge side, who themselves have become a tough nut to crack in recent weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Neither side was able to find a breakthrough at the Old Spotted Dog as the played out a stalemate.
And with Barking winning at FC Romania., it meant Clapton were no longer the leaders of the Essex Senior League.
- 2 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
London Bari suffered a disappointing second-half collapse as they slipped to a 4-1 defeat at Essex Senior League title hopefuls Southend Manor.
Bari started brightly enough and even held the lead by the end of the first half at Southchurch Park.
But Manor showed why they are going for the title this year, striking four times after the interval to send Chris Davis’ men crashing to defeat.