Essex Senior League: Sporting Bengal United denied point at FC Romania
- Credit: Archant
Imrul Gazi’s team put in encouraging display at Theobalds Lane, but conceded late goal to lose five-goal thriller
Sporting Bengal United were denied a point in the Essex Senior League after conceding a late goal to lose 3-2 to FC Romania
Imrul Gazi’s men looked set to claim an impressive 2-2 draw before the hosts struck in the final five minutes.
FC Romania took the lead in the 14th minute through Florin Pop and dominated the opening exchanges.
Bengal held firm, however, and didn’t allow the home side to increase their advantage and get on a roll.
You may also want to watch:
Gazi’s men then demonstrated their improving form with recent signing Steve Carvell levelling with a great strike.
Unfortunately it wasn’t enough to see Bengal come in at half time on level terms as FC Romania went ahead again.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
Sergio Pitaru popped up to put the hosts in front for a second time and ensure it was 2-1 at the break.
But Bengal once again fought back and birthday boy Codey Cameron continued his fine form by equalising.
With the points appeared to be shared, FC Romania struck for a third time in the final five minutes.
It was harsh on the east Londoners and they were unable to find another response and suffered a narrow defeat.